GULF COAST WINDSTORM DAMAGE LAWYER
Your home or place of business may well be your single biggest investment, and either a total loss justifying a “slab claim” or other catastrophic consequence of a windstorm can justify a very sizable insurance claim for the costs of repair or rebuilding. However, profit-focused insurers have many strategies for denying, delaying and “low-balling” such high-value claims. In those situations, commercial business and homeowners need the assistance of a windstorm damage lawyer.
Our attorneys have taken action to address many serious violations of client trust and insurance law, such as:
- Failure to investigate and assess Hurricane Ike damage promptly and completely
- Hiring paid, biased adjusters, engineers and others who are motivated to under-assess property damages or focus on potential causes other than the windstorm
- Making obviously low-ball settlement offers or payments that cannot approach the cost of repairing or rebuilding a windstorm-damaged home
Holding Insurers Accountable to Their Obligations, Whatever It Takes
At Doyle Dennis LLP Trial Lawyers in Houston, we are prepared to take decisive action against companies such as Texas Windstorm Insurance Association or “TWIA,” an organization known for denying and underpaying valid hurricane insurance claims. Our approach may include:
- Sending independent engineers, contractors and other experts to find and bring forth clear, specific evidence that your loss was caused by the hurricane or other windstorm
- Decisively disproving excuses given for a claim denial or inadequate settlement offer, such as allegations that you failed to maintain the roof or foundation properly
- Ensuring that any valuation of your home in a total loss/slab claim case is fair and accurate
Targeting Fair, Just Compensation for All Harm Suffered by Windstorm Victims
In many cases, windstorm and homeowners insurance companies go beyond violating a contract when they deny your valid claim. Unfair denials, extreme delays, and major under-valuations can constitute insurance bad faith, enabling recovery of other damages you suffered because of that illegal business conduct.
If you are seeking a Texas Windstorm claim dispute lawyer with a track record of success, please contact us today. Our Galveston office experienced major property damage from Hurricane Ike firsthand, and we are committed to seeking justice for homeowners and other business owners victimized by windstorm damage anywhere in Texas, including those in or near the cities of Galveston, Texas City, Baytown, Pasadena and Port Arthur.