Texas Maritime Accident Attorneys
Houston Ship Channel Injury & Damages Attorney
Maritime workers are essential contributors to the Texas economy, whether engaged in oil and gas exploration, fishing and seafood production, commerce on any of our many navigable waterways, or other pursuits. Risks of serious injury are ever-present, and, at Texas Maritime Accident Attorneys Doyle LLP, advocacy for Texas maritime accident victims is a clear focus.
We handle serious injury claims for shore-based workers as well as those on oil rigs, barges, tugboats, workboats and other craft. In-depth understanding of the Jones Act and other maritime laws enables our firm to build strong cases and win sizable compensation for our clients, assessing each accident thoroughly and providing attentive guidance to each client.
Injured or Suffering Economically After an Accident on a Texas Waterway?
Our capabilities extend to maritime events involving:
- Accidents in Texas Gulf Coast ports and channels, including Beaumont, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Freeport, Galveston, Lavaca, Port Arthur, Port Isabel, Texas City, Victoria and Port of West Calhoun
- River traffic and commerce in the Houston Ship Channel and on the Rio Grande, Colorado River, Red, Sabine, Pecos, San Antonio and other Texas rivers
- Accidents on commercial fishing boats and other vessels in Matagorda Bay, Galveston Bay or other coastal locations
- Pursuit of high-stakes property damage and business interruption claims arising from the BP oil spill or other corporate negligence in our oil fields and waterways
A Track Record of Results for Texas Maritime Workers Hurt in Here or Abroad
Our Texas Maritime Accident Attorneys’ past successes for injured workers and their families have included obtaining:
- A $1.22 million jury award for Texas resident Roger Hamilton in a case against Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company for negligence in maintaining the vessel and attempting to conceal information about an accident that caused Mr. Hamilton’s career-ending injuries, which included a lumbar spine injury requiring surgery.Hamilton v. Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company – Jury Verdict: $1.22 million. (Attorneys’ Fees: $400,000; Litigation Expenses: $47,276.54)
- A $1.5 million Texas jury verdict for supply ship captain Bobby Roberts, who suffered back, neck and head injuries in an attack off the coast of Africa
Roberts v. Rigdon Marine – Jury Verdict: $1.5 million, increased to $1,752,767.44 with interest. (Attorneys Fees: $788,745.35; Expenses $49,603.52)
In our home state of Texas or elsewhere in the world, our firm is a proven resource for people injured by maritime accidents. To discuss your legal options, contact us today.